You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘scrapbook store’ tag.
From here on out, the shop will probably host its summer carnival. With all of the last minute sign-ups, we were able to host a fun little event that showcased our teachers’ creative talents. Everyone seemed to have had a wonderful time; I, for one, know that I had a fantastic time. Check out some of the photos from the event below:
Make sure to look for details at the shop next summer if you want to come create beautiful projects with our wonderful teachers.
Every summer, my little cousin comes to stay with us for a week. It’s not only fun for her, but it’s fun for us too! We make it a tradition to take her out on random adventures to explore and see new places. Today, we decided to head out to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. It’s always such a fun place to hang out; it brings you back to your childhood years, especially when there are food stands with cotton candy, corn dogs, and funnel cakes just to name a few. Here are some memories from today:
It’s just the beginning of the week, so who knows where we’ll visit next. I just know that I can’t wait!
Oh, and just so you know, there’s a layout contest going on over here. The deadline for it has been extended to July 29th. Here’s my take:
It was fun making that layout because I don’t make as many as I used to. I really need to get back on the scrap bandwagon. Mojo, where have you gone?! Has all my mojo been aimed towards working on my Project Life stuff?! I hope not.
Anyway, that’s it for now.
“Lifting” has become an issue in the industry. In all honesty, I don’t mind that people copy my work or what I do. Basically, it just means that they find me inspiring. Me… inspiring, haha! NOT! Anyway, here’s how I feel — if you aren’t doing it for profit of any sort or if you aren’t taking full credit for it, then I don’t mind.
However, if you aren’t crediting my work, then I get peeved. That’s when I start to call you a copycat.
If you have ever been into my store, Our Paper Place, you’ll notice tons of samples using the products we carry in the store. They’re there for a reason! Take pictures of them, copy them, use it as your inspiration, etc. Like I said previously, though, as long as you’re not using it for profit, then you’re in the clear.
With that in mind, here’s an American Crafts layout for inspiration:
Don’t laugh at the photo! It’s an old high school photo that I dug up!
Don’t you just love all of those fun details?! I love the flowers on this one! I also used Basically Bare’s banners and birds!As you can see, I had tons of fun covering up these “bare” embellishments with awesome American Crafts paper! Look at how I covered up a bird to make my own custom embellishment:
Anyway, I honestly don’t mind if you’re a copycat and want to lift this one. That’s why I post projects — to help everyone’s mojo. You share. I share. The world’s a happier place.
…and although it’s a Friday night, I’m still working! I have to prep for our 2nd and 3rd National Scrapbook Day celebrations. Yeah, you read that right. We don’t celebrate once; we celebrate it three times! Call us crazy over at Our Paper Place, but it’s major fun! If you’re in the bay area, come visit us for all-new demos, make and takes, and awesome sales!
PS: We’re getting closer and closer?! Are you excited?! I am!
Today, I wanted to share our Easter weekend with less words and more pictures. Sounds like a great plan, right?!
Easter is a wonderful celebration of life, so I hope everyone had as much fun as we did this past weekend!
Now, it’s time for a busy, busy week for me. A handful of classes this week over at Our Paper Place and two scheduled crops! If you’re in the area, I’d love for you to come crop with us.
Thursday, Schmursday. Today, I feel unmotivated. Completely, unmotivated. Maybe it’s because I went out last night. I don’t normally go out at night nowadays, but Yardhouse opened up close to our house, so I couldn’t resist a delicious dinner! Besides, the wait time allowed me to go shopping around Santana Row, muhaha.
Oh, and did I mention that I’m completely unmotivated?! Unmotivated, I tell ya! I’ve been sitting in front of a pile of pretty papers and ribbons, and nothing seems to be working for me.
…but I did finish a couple of layouts for Our Paper Place last week.
Unmotivated. Someone please motivate me to do something… anything!
It’s Tuesday, and I haven’t accomplished what I would have wanted. However, I thought I’d keep on track with my bloggin’, so I wanted to share my latest guilty pleasures.
1. Cupcakes: Seriously, who invented these things?! They’re so delicious, but loaded with calories. ARGH! Yesterday, we tried this new bay area cupcake shop called Kara’s Cupcakes. I think I actually like it more than Sprinkles, but it doesn’t top Magnolia’s in New York.
2. Bad Photographs: Is it bad that I find people’s “bad” photos entertaining?! I don’t mean to take a picture of you with your mouth open. You’re the one with your mouth open, haha! Honestly, “bad” photos just happen.
3. Chuckin’ Snails: These things are such an annoyance! I feel bad that I’m annihilating ‘em, but I find pure joy in chucking them 20 ft up into the air only to hear them go “kersplat”. …what?! They tear up our garden!
4. Clean Dogs: I feel bad that Hilo has a fear of bath time because he fell into a pool when he was just a puppy. I’m sure he’s probably traumatized, but who doesn’t like having their dogs clean?! Sorry, Hilo. You’re outta luck when it comes to bath time.
5. Fondue: Ummm… totally not something you should be eating all the time, but it’s too good to not eat! We’ve been really into La Fondue in Saratoga, but recently, we’ve picked up our very own fondue pot. Last night, we made our own pot of delectable cheese! YUM!
Everybody’s got at least one. What’s your guilty pleasure?!