It’s been a couple of days since I last posted, so I thought I would write a post dedicated to what goes on in my world, aka Sarah’s head.
1. I’m sick of watching dumb news coverage.
This past weekend, in Half Moon Bay, Mavericks hosted a surf competition.
This HIGH SURF competition is pretty close to shore. Anyone who has hiked out to this isolated beach knows not to get close to shore because you never know how hard and how far the wave will be. To make this story short, I have no idea why the news is making a big deal out of the spectators at this competition that got taken out by the waves and got all soaked. In all honesty, it makes me laugh at people’s stupidity. Yes, it’s cool to watch big waves, but HELLO?! Mother nature is mother nature, and she’ll do whatever she wants. When in doubt, watch from afar. DUH!
Close to where my parents live, there’s big controversy over this billboard sign.
When that sign went up, someone decided to vandalize it. What do I think of this?! Well, I don’t think vandalizing this sign is justified under any circumstance. I also don’t think that vandalizing a billboard sign promoting any religion is justified either. If a certain group believes one thing, let them. Mind your own darn business even though you don’t agree. It’s as simple as that. Open your mind and your heart; society will appreciate it and so will your neighbor. 🙂
2. I made a double page layout for the Kiki Art blog! Yup, you read that right?! I actually worked with two pages! 🙂 …and surprisingly, I LOVE the way this one came out.
To get a better view of this layout and to find more details about it, click here.
…and while you are there, don’t forget to check out what the rest of the my FAVE GALS created; they’ve got some creative skills, no doubt!
4. The Wacky Wednesday post from last week was out of control WACKY! I spent some time trying to edit to the best of my ability, and I have posted it for people to read. I apologize for the spacing issue. The story, however, is pure entertainment. 🙂 Click here to read it.
5. For Valentine’s Day, we went out to dinner at one of our favorite casual eateries, California Pizza Kitchen. I have one photo, but I haven’t uploaded it from the cell phone yet. …so nothing too extravagant because we are saving up for big vacations and occasions later this year.
6. On top of Valentine’s Day, the Chinese New Year celebration commenced. Here are some photos from dinner:
Maui and Hilo LOVE Chinese New Year because they get to play with their Westie cousins.
…and I love Chinese New Year for the good food and the ang pao. Ang pao are little red envelopes filled with money; they are given as gifts.
I love that I have been adopted into the Chinese/Malaysian culture! hehe. 😉
7. I have been thoroughly enjoying the Olympics. Have you?!
Lastly, I have some projects I want to share, but you will all have to wait. I will be back real soon!