Yup, you read that right. We had to rush Hilo back to the ER. 😦
Yesterday, Hilo was incredibly lethargic. All he wanted to do was sleep all day. It might have been from all the pills he had to take, but we knew something was not right.
We called the vet to see what we should do. She suggested to call back if his condition worsened throughout the day.
It started to worsen after the clinic was closed.
Every time we took him out to “potty”, he would have major diarrhea. ((Sorry for the nastiness.)) Every Momma knows that this can cause dehydration, and that was my main concern because he was already dehydrated.
Once at the ER, they poked and probed Hilo… AGAIN. Blood tests, again. Painkiller shot. Fluids injected into his body. The list continues. He was brave, though.
They tell us he has a fever. Sigh. They suspect that internally, he’s still trying to fight off the Lepto vaccine that was given to him.
After waiting and waiting, his blood results came back, and his WBC are much higher than they were yesterday. Phew!
Because he’s been traumatized with the transferring from clinic to hospital so many times this weekend, the vet said it would probably be best for him to rest at home rather than stay the night.
Once again, we’ve got our fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.
Thanks so much for the concerns and well wishes. We will keep you posted.
(and Gloria, Maui, and Hilo).