There are so many little things that I don’t tend to. However, when I stop to think about the importance and value of these little things, I am truly grateful for them. My brother, Scott, started this daily task where he lists out things he’s grateful for, and I thought it was a great idea.
…so while I’m still on bed rest and sick as a puppy, I decided that I would write out a list of the little things. Here goes, and this is not in any particular order:
1. Comfy, cozy bed. — I’ve been in it for the past few days with this nasty flu. There’s nothing better than to sleep off the bug!
2. My laptop. — It’s gotten me through boredom because I’m still on bed rest. I’ve been watching countless episodes of Dexter, Modern Family, and Glee. It’s also allowed me to get on Skype and talk to the people who matter the most to me in the world.
3. Humidifier. — It helps me breathe at night.
4. My parents. — They call me saying things like, “Honey, it’s Mommy! Make sure you drink lots of fluids, okay?!” or “Did you take your medicine yet?” Seriously, it’s cute that no matter how old I am, they’re still gonna think I’m five years old. I love when they dote on me. It never gets old. 😉
5. Ignorance. — Not on my end, of course! It seriously keeps me thoroughly entertained to know that there are people out there with pure ignorance.
6. Maui and Hilo. — When I opened my store, I knew that I wasn’t going to be able to spend as much time with them. They spend lots of their time playing at doggy daycare nowadays. However, when I’m at home, I make sure that we have a blast together.
7. The power of reading. — Books, the news, blogs, etc. It’s all good. The gift of being able to read is incredible. Seriously, think about that.
8. Smooth planning. — I absolutely love the florist. He rocks my world. Not only are his designs amazingly gorgeous, but he’s hilarious! …and my photographer is amazingly talented. Both of them are highly notable and have been published in their respective crafts.
9. Good times with good friends. — The memories make for some good laughs, and that’s what people on bed rest need to thing about. Good, happy vibes. 🙂 Here’s an example of a good time:
10. Creating to my heart’s content. — It doesn’t matter what I’m creating, but I love it. It’s a release for me. Here’s a couple of projects to share today:
I used some of the latest Jillibean Soup on this artist tray. I love the spring colors to this line; it puts a smile on my face. I’m so ready for spring… are you?!
This is a project I created for this past CHA show. When Stephanie, the owner of Bella Blvd asked me to design with some of the latest goodies, I couldn’t resist! Check out how cute the line is:
Yes, I ordered both of these lines for my store. Jillibean is currently in stock, and it’s moving pretty fast! However, Bella Blvd isn’t in yet. It should be shipping soon. I’ll let y’all know when it’s out on the racks!
…and that’s my 10 little things for the day. Of course, it changes everyday, but it’s totally worth documenting. The more I think about these little things, the more I realize they aren’t that little. In fact, they’re big things. 🙂
PS: A lot of you have been telling me that I’m the latest issue of CK! …which issue and what layout? I haven’t seen it yet.